Browse Category: Spritual Lessons

The Teachings of the Kabbalah Centre

The Kabbalah Centre was established in California in 1984. Based in Los Angeles, the Kabbalah Centre additionally maintains branch locations in over 50 cities around the world. This includes major centers in New York, Toronto, and London.

Beyond branch centers, the Kabbalah Centre also facilitates a large number of study groups, also in communities around the globe. Finally, the teachings of the LA Kabbalah Centre an be accessed online as well.

According to the teachings of the Kabbalah, all primary spiritual and religious beliefs represent what can best be described as specific branches of universal wisdom. The overall effect of this belief is that Kabbalah and its associated spirituality is similar to that of major religious practices like Christianity, Judaism, Islam and Buddhism. Kabbalah also has a connect to new-age teachings. Because of this connection, the Kabbalah Centre does not consider itself an alternative to any religion practice. Rather, the Kabbalah Centre considers its practices and teachings to be a supplement to other religious practices.

A primary teaching of the Kabbalah Centre is that a person should primarily be concerned with their relationship to what is described as the essence of God as opposed to God himself. Kabbalah teaches that God himself is beyond comprehension. According to the Kabbalah Centre, the essence of God is referred to as the Kabbalah teachings of Light.

Another important tenant of the teachings of the Kabbalah Centre and of Kabbalah is that the five senses only provide a person access to 1 percent of reality. The remaining 99 percent of reality cannot be accessed by the senses and must be connected with through the practices associated with Kabbalah and its associated spirituality.

The Kabbalah Centre has a strong connection to astrology. The Kabbalah Centre maintains that Judaism has always had a strong connection to astrology throughout history.